The Jonas Construction Software and Procore Construction Software are two popular software that is widely used in construction. Both have pros and cons, which we’ll discuss below.
What is Jonas Construction?
Jonas Construction Software is a construction contractor management software. This product offers project and service management, accounting, document, inventory, payroll, as well as document management.
JCS has been providing solutions to the construction industry for more than twenty years. JCS’ products are designed to assist construction contractors in streamlining their operations and increasing their profitability. They also provide them with vital business information that will help them make better business decisions.
Jonas Construction: Who is it for?
JCS is a contractor-focused company that caters to the needs of general contractors in the construction industry. This includes HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and other specialty trades. It is flexible and available in two versions, with an on-premise solution for Enterprise customers. However, the cloud-based solution is available to small and medium-sized businesses and requires little technology investment. This is ideal for companies that are looking for an affordable solution that can be quickly deployed.
The product also includes a business management suite that can be used to address all key players within a contracting firm. JCS allows contracting company owners to see the financials, projects and operations of their business so they can make better business decisions. The Finance department can also integrate Financials & Payroll to ensure financial controls and monitoring, as well as timely compensation. Construction project managers can track their performance and see in real-time the variances between actual and estimated costs. This allows them to contract more efficiently and cost effectively.
JCS customers include Western Pump and Cooper Oates Air Conditioning. Hawks & Company. Professional Mechanical Ltd., Tricon Developments.
Is it simple to use?
Jonas Construction makes it easy to use. The product is intuitive and user-friendly.
Is Jonas Construction cloud-based?
The software is not cloud-based. You would have to install it locally before connecting it to a server.
Is it possible to use it on mobile?
Jonas Construction is currently not available on mobile. You would have to access it from your PC.
What are Jonas Construction’s pros?
- JCS can be used as an on-premise or cloud-based solution
- Two versions of the product are available for Enterprise and SME markets.
- JCS supports mobile device access to the application
- JCS offers Data Analytics as part of the product
- This solution meets both the service and project-based contracting business requirements.
What are Jonas Construction’s cons?
- JCS doesn’t offer a free trial for its products
- JCS does not offer any social collaboration tools
- Third-party software integration is not an option.
- JCS doesn’t fully support user-driven customization of the product
- This product is not modular-based and instead supports a fully integrated software suite
Jonas Construction’s Premier plan starts at $199/Concurrent User/Month, or $189 if you are billed annually. A $20000 one-time installation fee is required. This plan is ideal for general contractors, design builders, home builders, and land developers.
Although the pricing for Enterprise plans is not available on the official website, it is known as Fully integrated Construction Management Software. You can get the pricing by contacting our team. All MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL and PLUMBING contractors can use this plan.
What are the features of Procore?
Procore, a cloud-based management software developed by Procore Technologies Inc., is called Procore. Procore Software is the complete package for contractors and project managers as well as professionals working in the construction industry. You will find a variety of features that make the software a great experience for users.
- Preconstruction Solutions: Project owners, contractors, as well as subcontractors, can use Procore software to design, estimate, collaborate, and coordinate efficiently during the initial stages of a project. With Procore budgeting, design, estimating, tender management, all of these tasks can be done seamlessly on the cloud.
- Project Management: This software includes tools that help construction project stakeholders communicate better, stay on the right track, avoid misinformation, and keep the project moving forward. Procore offers two packages to help you manage your project: Project Management Pro or Project Management Starter packs.
- Resource Management: Procore uses Daywork Sheets and other tools to help projects stay on track. It organizes data and speeds up decision-making.
- Financial Management: Procore provides a cost management solution for construction that allows for the smooth tracking of finances, project budget adherence, and wage offset.
- Procore Network: This software provides a platform for contractors and owners to communicate. Procore Platform allows project owners to find the most qualified contractors. Professionals can search for the best jobs and projects on the platform.
Procore was designed for everyone involved in construction from project managers to regular workers. Procore eliminates significant losses and solves the majority of paperwork associated with construction projects.
Procore Technologies was founded in 2002 and is based in Carpinteria (USA) with approximately 2,450 employees. The company serves more than a million customers worldwide and has been awarded the Forbes Pledge 11% Impact Award. G2 awarded the Best Construction Management Software Award to the software solution in 2020.
Procore is used by who?
Procore is ideal for small- and medium-sized building businesses. This software is suitable for general specialists, owners, contractors, service providers, design firms, and construction administration companies. Procore customers include Nova, Groathouse Construction, and Fagen.
Is it simple to use?
Procore makes it easy to use. Procore is intuitive and user-friendly.
Is Procore cloud-based or not?
They offer cloud-based hosting. This means that IT resources can be retrieved via web-based tools, applications, and without the need to purchase servers or additional hardware.
Is it possible to use it on mobile?
Yes, Procore can be accessed on your smart/mobile phone.
What are Procore’s Pros and Cons?
- Procore offers many custom-made features such as networking
- Software offers live support 24 hours a day and active socials
- More than 300 integrations with apps from the Procore platform
- Procore offers a free demo mode
- Construction project management software supports unlimited users at no extra cost
What are Procore’s Cons and How Do They Work?
- Excessive sophistication can ruin the user experience
- Smaller enterprises are not as cost-friendly
- Procore customer support does not offer 24×7 live telephone support
- Social media integration is not a feature of the construction project management software.
- This solution for construction project management is not appropriate for small businesses and does not offer an on-premise deployment option
Pricing for Procore
Procore offers three plans. The basic plan includes basic features for contractors and costs $667 per month. The advanced plan adds budgeting and costs $870 per month. The most advanced plan has features like bidding and invoicing. They cost $1,182 each month. Prices are per month, but you will need to sign a yearly contract.